Audience menu for:
Section: About HCC
About HCC menu:
For release: 09 May, 2018
At the Harford Community College Board of Trustees meeting on May 8, 2018, the following information was shared:
Dr. Jacqueline Jackson, Vice President for Student Affairs and Institutional Effectiveness, presented the revised Middle States Commission on Higher Education’s standards and their effect on the College. These changes, which include an increased emphasis on assessment and measurement and focus on student learning, went from a total of 14 standards to 7.
Brenda Morrison, Chief of Staff and Vice President for External Relations and Communications, and Beth Fetcho, Director for Finance, presented the revised proposed FY 19 Capital and Operating Budgets that include a recommended 3% raise for all eligible employees along with an additional $30,000 increase in tuition reimbursement.
The Board approved:
• the 2018-19 Board calendar.
• the request to the Harford County Government to reallocate operating budget funds as follows:
o $461,000 to academic support.
o $218,000 to student services.
o $323,000 for institutional support.
o $16,000 to operations/maintenance of plant.
o $20,000 to scholarships and fellowships.
o $863,000 to transfers to cover deferred maintenance expenditures, building renovations, test center renovations, and to support the Supplement Educational Opportunity Grant.
o This total reallocation of $2.7 million will come from salary and benefit savings accumulated within instruction programs and the general fund balance.
• Fully funding the actuarial liability for the Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) Plan, estimated to be $652,000 into a Trust by June 30, 2018. The funds will come from the College’s General Operating Fund Balance.
• Contracts with Avid Services, LLC for the following:
o $198,000 to mill and overlay the Library parking lot and improve pedestrian safety with the creation of new sidewalks and crosswalks.
o $90,000 for the construction of a new patio for Maryland Hall that improves both safety and the appearance of the building. The work will take place over summer 2018.
• Contract with Blackboard, Inc. for $196,131 to continue using this learning management system software to support classroom-based learning, hybrid courses, and online learning.
Join the conversation
on social media:
Harford Community College
401 Thomas Run Road
Bel Air, MD 21015-1627
Online | 443-412-2272
©2019 Harford Community College.
All rights reserved.