Audience menu for:
Harford Community College first opened its doors as Harford Junior College in September 1957 for evening classes at Bel Air High School. In September 1964, the College moved to its current location on Thomas Run Road near Bel Air, Maryland. The institution continued to grow, and in 1971 it became Harford Community College.
Although the College has seen many changes over the years, the mission to provide reasonably priced, high quality education has remained the same.
Over the past 60 years, HCC has expanded to continue to meet the needs of the community it serves. One of Harford County’s largest employers with almost 1,000 employees, the College now enrolls nearly 9,000 credit students each year. Students can select from over 80 associate degree and certificate programs.
Harford also has a large noncredit Continuing Education and Training program that enrolls more than 10,000 students a year.
The size of the campus and the number of buildings operated by the College has grown dramatically over the years. The campus currently operates 24 buildings totaling approximately 372,525 square feet. A snapshot of upcoming renovations can be found in the Facilities Master Plan.
Harford Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104). The Associate of Science Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The Histotechnology Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences. The Paralegal Studies Program is approved by the American Bar Association. The College holds memberships in numerous national, regional, state, and local professional associations.
Join the conversation
on social media:
Harford Community College
401 Thomas Run Road
Bel Air, MD 21015-1627
Online | 443-412-2272
©2018 Harford Community College.
All rights reserved.